Monday, December 7, 2009

To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question (Windows 7)

I spent the majority of the weekend restoring Windows Vista. This is because I received the Windows 7 CDs in the mail since I bought a new computer and have the ability to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista for free. The major issue is that some technology on my hard drive failed therefore I had to reinstall Windows Vista and do a system restore. After spending about two hours on the phone with the helpdesk from HP, they said it turns out that it was a driver issue and now all I need to do is upgrade Windows 7. I upgraded and I still have the same issue that I had before. The helpdesk is calling me this evening to have a conversation about my issue. I bought a new computer with this new hard drive technology called RAID 0. Its an idea and concept for increased performance by splitting your hard drive into two parts. One of the two parts is now failing. I had hoped that an upgrade to Windows 7 would've solved this issue but I am not seeing that is the case so far. I'll hopefully have an update for you tomorrow. To upgrade or not to upgrade?that is the question I wish I could have answered before I went down this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment